Wednesday, April 23, 2014

OH F$%(^(@!!!

I forgot about your, poor blog / life journal.    But the three year anniversary of the Saturday that I never told you about happened (it's a friend's birthday), and I didn't even GO this year (2014) but that reminded me that I was supposed to write about that same party  in April 2011.  And the subsequent three years.

Oops.

So. SPOILER ALERT. Stop reading if you want details before moving on in the story because i'm about to explode everything i can remember about the last three years and it's probably not going to make any sense.  This is going to be epic

Ok.  Beth's Birthday party in Manayunk.  Beth is a friend of mine, I've known her since 2002 or so, we dated very briefly in high school.  She texted me about her birthday, I decided to make the trek (~100 miles) all on public transit.  I took a train and a bus and waited in the rain for another bus that never came so i took a train that went to the wrong place and it was POURING.  So i went to a strange bar in a strange town.
(There's a story about my neighbor in here, to be added.  Basically she said she wanted to go to Philly too, and chased me as I headed to the bus terminal, but I lost her with a perfectly-timed 1 train)

 Ok, so I drink with some random strangers. They're all really friendly, and they send me on my way towards my friends' place that I don't know how to find.  It's uphill. a LOT uphill.  So I'm truding up this hill, and it's raining, and some guys drinking on a porch offer me a beer and a shot.  Really liking this town!
This story keeps going.  it's cool.  I never found Beth, but i did see my dad the next morning, another girl i first met in high school, and some blonde named Kristin who would go on to remember me when i bump into her two years later. but this is an explosion, and explosions happen fast.
-----------------------------

Manhattan sailing school!!!!
What an awesome place.  I started teaching sailing in the Hudson through the  Manhattan yacht club. It turns out that I really get along with sailors, and this place is great because it's full of young people, older people, everybody likes sailing.  they really appreciate my skills and knowledge, it's fun money on the side.  Great people in no order;  Mike, Charlotte, Tonia, Darci, Emily (BOMBER!!), Max, Felix, to name a few
--------------
Girlfriend?
there is a girl, Brittney.  she's cute.  We met on okcupid and dated for a little bit,  but I was spending way too much time at the sailing club for much to happen.  Climbing her way up the improv ladder! 
Has crazy cats, comedy show date, Jake's dilema date (WE GOT SOAKED), rode my bike wearing a shirt and tie across Manhattan to meet her for dinner.  Between work, brit, and the sailing school, life is busy and pretty damn good
----------------
FLASHBACK

BACK IN JANUARY 2011
Visited Tara and Todd in Boston.  Met Nathalie on the bus

FEBRUARY 2011
Bus to Philly for the weekend to hang out with "Yoshi", on the way home I met the lovely Kate.  Actually I gave up my seat, the supposed last one left, for her, but then it turns out there was another space, right next to her.
What a star she is.

LATER IN FEBRUARY
I should really tell you all about "Vermont girl" and the RIT sailing ski trip

2nd week of march until earl april.  Went to greenland.  That needs talked about, but I wrote a short article so I suppose I'll link to it
http://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2011/03/27/crossing-the-arctic-for-a-legacy-data-flight-by-brian-moses/
-----------------------

MAY 21 BICYCLE ACCIDENT
Left half a tooth and a small chunk of my face on the asphalt down by 24th street.  Stitched up by Dr. Joseph Wolf, who really did a great job considering the mess I left him.    This really sucked.  A lot.  Brittney and Meg were nice enough to take care of me, my dad came up and took me to PA,  Dr Talamo took a look at my wounds and undid the stiches for me, Dr Sing eventually fixed my tooth.  The recovery was long and not fun, though
-----------------
JUNE

Life starts to return to normal.  back to work, still teaching sailing.  I have one really fat lip!!
Ultimate frisbee over in new city.  mountaintop fire with shari, marc, ariel.  head on down to ocean city, maryland, run-in with a bacheloette party one silly night.  Hang out with Katie "Dewey".  I decide that it's time to end the NYC chapter of my life.  This month is pretty fuzzy because i spent a lot of it with an ice pack on my face, and oh yeah, AVOIDING  A STALKER

Oh, and i talked to some girl on okcupid who moved into the room that I was renting back in December.  I never met her.  but that's crazy right, out of ALL OF MANHATTAN

JULY

Winding things down at work.   Moved to Manayunk, will tell you all about that! Wedding on Long Island with Allison .   Hangin with mr Sean for the first time in a while.   Todd comes for a visit, maybe that was early august.  acquired billy's old bed. 

August '11
Job search in full swing now.  Living it up manayunk style.  Met JAMES!   A folk fest happened. 

SEPTEMBER
I visited to Rochester in early september.  It was a blast, party at Paul's house, retrieved the old MR2 fro my dad's cabin, went to LUX with Kristina.  The muffler fell off on the drive home, but that's ok, I needed a new one anyway


OCTOBER '11
Trip to Rochester - number 2? 










No comments:

Post a Comment