Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sorry Folks

One thing I've discovered is that I can't write when I'm distracted by housing issues. Unfortunately,this being NYC, i though *doubling* my monthly housing budget would fix that, as months 1 and 2 were not that great.

Let's just say, I poured a lot of money into this place. Good for landlord, good for me. I was happy about where i lived in NYC for, the first time.

2 weeks later, a new neighbor shows up. she is nosy, annoying, knocks on my door at random times, comes in unannounced ( I had to start locking myself in!) , has a loud whining dog (in a 14x10 apartment). I informed the landlord that this wasn't going to work for me and I wanted to move out. In a purely business driven decision, he decides to keep me, the "senior tenant" who lived alongside the other neighbor with no complaints, instead of her - she's supposed to be out after a week.

What do you say - Did I just put some girl and her dog on the street? Am I a terrible person?

You tell me that again when the thing is howling at the moon at 1 in the morning directly on the other side of the wall, and you're paying $1600 / a month to live in a 14 x 10 room.

No comments:

Post a Comment